Monday 14 January 2013

Be daring, be different



















From the Sitwells to the Jaggers, from Hollywood royalty to HM the Queen, from Garbo to Monroe, from Coward to Capote, from Lord Mountbatten to Tallulah Bankhead, he knew (and photographed) them all. However, Cecil Beaton's first love, of course, was... Cecil Beaton.

“Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary”

"All I want is the best of everything and there's very little of that left."

“The truly fashionable are beyond fashion.”

"I live by my eyes."


Cecil Beaton (14th January 1904 – 18th January 1980)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]