Sunday 23 March 2014

Born in front of a camera





One hundred and ten years ago, Miss Joan Crawford was born.

Bow before her.

"I never go outside unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door."

"I have always known what I wanted, and that was beauty... in every form."

"I think that the most important thing a woman can have - next to talent, of course - is her hairdresser."

"I was born in front of a camera and really don't know anything else."

"I am just too much."


Joan Crawford (born Lucille Fay LeSueur, 23rd March 1904 – 10th May 1977)

4 comments:

  1. Oh My God. She Was A Star.
    I had a day off school when she died ( my mother sent a note saying that we have had a family bereavement ) and I wore a black arm band.
    Lucille Fay LeSueur did good, don't believe all the mud slinging,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were born camp dear! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore her - mostly because she was, indeed, just too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful." - Mae West

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]