Tuesday 1 December 2015

You don't have to make a whore of yourself to get ahead














"Don't I look fabulous? I'm a triumph of science and fiction."

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

"I try not to drink too much because when I'm drunk, I bite."

"I have my standards. They're low, but I have them."

"Trust your talent. You don't have to make a whore of yourself to get ahead. You really don't."

"Get the trash off the street and back on the stage where it belongs."

"Underneath all this drag, I'm really a librarian, you know."

"Thank God for the gays. I don't know what would have happened but I know what did happen. Good for them and good for me."

"I'm working my way toward divinity."

"Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!"
The Divine Miss M is seventy years old today.

We are unworthy...

Bette Midler (born 1st December 1945)

Previous tributes to Miss Midler here, here, and of course, several times here...

6 comments:

  1. You have great taste honey! I absolutely adore her and that first picture is amazing. Elegant but fun. She is approaching saint status.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She joined the Pantheon of Saints many moons ago - our own dear Dolores Delargo Towers is even named in tribute... Jx

      Delete
  2. 70! It doesn't seem possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Underneath all this drag, I'm really a librarian, you know."...

    I just KNOW you've been known to say the same.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]