Monday 30 January 2017

The greatest?









"The greatest living actress" [© Dan Callahan] is 80 years old today...

"I think the theatre is as essential to civilization as safe, pure water."

"I don't consider myself beautiful at all, I'm usually running around like a scruff."

"Of course, I am misrepresented very often, but so is everybody who has got something to say."

"Integrity is so perishable in the summer months of success."

"I discovered a long time ago that the camera does lie, and thank God it does."


Vanessa Redgrave, CBE (born 30th January 1937)

5 comments:

  1. She is amazing as are the whole family

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Immortals of theatre living or dead !

    ReplyDelete
  3. L'adorait a Isadora et aussi les opinions franches de Vanessa. *d'Anjou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In her day, Vanessa was every bit as wild as Isadora... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]